- May 15: a new Kilchoman Distillery website is launched that day.
- May 29: at the Kilchoman Open Day of Fèis Ile 2008, Dr. James Swan presents a Spirit Tasting with New Make, a one-year-old and a two-year-old Kilchoman.
Kilchoman also presents a new product at the festival: the Kilchoman New Spirit Bramble Liqueur – a liqueur made from blackberries and honey macerated with Kilchoman New Make, an unusual taste experience with strong peat smoke and fruity sweetness. Particularly suitable for cocktails and to spice up your vanilla sundae.
- September 2: in autumn 2008 Kilchoman will be attending the following whisky fairs. Visitors will have the opportunity of tasting Kilchoman new spirit, as well as the oldest Kilchoman, 2 years old.
- Whisky Live, Paris – 20 to 22 September
- Stockholm Beer and Whisky Fair – 25 to 27 September
- Leiden Whisky Fair, The Netherlands – 14 to 16 November
- September 26: Kilchoman announces that the barley harvest at Rockside Farm a couple of weeks ago has yielded 100 tonnes. The weather was dry and breezy during the harvest, resulting in a barley moisture content of 16-18%.
- November: Kilchoman is selling now a stylish presentation box with three 5cl miniature bottles of Kilchoman Spirit under the title The Connoisseurs Pack: one month, one year and two years old. A good opportunity to follow the early maturation of the young Kilchoman in the cask. For Christmas, there is also a Christmas Special Edition in the online shop, signed by either Anthony Wills or Malcolm Rennie.
- November 25: Kilchoman reports on its homepage about a recent delivery of refill casks – 40 dump hogsheads, 30 barrels and 20 sherry butts. Because of the boom in the whisky industry, it is not so easy to get hold of good refill casks. It is Kilchoman’s declared policy to obtain new bourbon barrels exclusively from the Buffalo Trace distillery and sherry casks exclusively from the Bodega Miguel Martin, but until Kilchoman bottles its first whiskies, there are of course no refill casks of their own.
Dump hogsheads, by the way, are casks with the same volume of 250 litres but a shorter, rounder shape than the usual hogsheads.
- On December 24, Kilchoman can report an annual production of 91,500 lpa. Apart from a production stop in June due to severe drought, during which repairs were also carried out on the boiler, everything went smoothly.